THE LARGEST MIXED-USE CENTER IN BROOKLYN
City Point is a 1.8 million square foot mixed-use development of new construction, including retail, residential, entertainment, and office space. The center is anchored by Century 21 Department Store, CityTarget and Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and will include the best of Brooklyn’s food and food purveyors creating an authentic experience and gathering place for Brooklynites. City Point is a transformative mixed-use project with an iconic design that will support and complement the already thriving academic, residential and commercial communities in Downtown Brooklyn.
BY BROOKLYN FOR BROOKLYN
By Brooklyn, For Brooklyn is not just a catchy slogan: it defines City Point’s commitment to local employment and contracting opportunities, and to bringing in the best new retailers and food purveyors for our community. This commitment has been clear from project inception. Since we began construction in 2010, we have maximized opportunities for local participation in construction and property management. This commitment will continue when Phase II of the project opens as our retailers will continue working with the city and local community to hire local, qualified candidates.
- To date, + $35million in contracting to local, minority and women-owned construction companies.
- A|X, City Point’s first tenant, worked with NYCWorkforce1 to hire locally.
- In addition to the 1000’s of construction jobs created, the finished site will provide 900+ jobs for local residents.
- City Point is providing support for the Willoughby Square Park and parking garage that will be built directly across the street from the center.
KEY Project Milestones
"Brooklyn is an energetic and vibrant place with fashion-minded young people, perfect for the Armani Exchange brand and lifestyle."
- Harlan Bratcher, president and chief executive of Armani Exchange
“The start of Phase Two is another exciting milestone in the development of City Point, which will combine local and national retail, office space, entertainment, food and mixed-rate housing with shopper-friendly improvements to the Fulton Mall streetscape. Bravo to Acadia Realty Trust and Washington Square Partners for giving priority to Brooklyn-based and women- and minority-owned businesses, and for providing affordable housing that will ensure that Downtown Brooklyn remains a great place to live, work, play, shop and learn.”
- Marty Markowitz, Brooklyn Borough President
“It’s important that New Yorkers benefit from projects being built in their own backyard, both in terms of employment opportunities and other benefits like better housing options. From the beginning, City Point has been committed to ensuring the community is directly involved in this project, and we will maintain that commitment as the project gains steam.”
- Paul Travis, Project Executive of Washington Square Partners
“We’re particularly proud of this next phase of the project because of what it will do for Downtown Brooklyn. This community needs affordable housing, more retail as well as more restaurant and entertainment options - and we’re using local, minority and women-owned businesses to begin delivering those things.”
- Kenneth Bernstein, CEO of Acadia Realty Trust